Saturday 19 July 2014

#17. Gi Megami Tensei is On.



I'm back, again, but I should be back in the army in two hours so I'll make this quick. Last time I babbled about making a fangame of Shin Megami Tensei ATLUS was nearly dead. Now it's back up and running, so it was the idea's turn to stay nearly dead.

Only I was stubborn enough to live up on such delusion.

Hence the project Gi Megami Tensei. It's written 偽・女神転生 in Japanese, literally False Goddess Reincarnation. The name is because, well, Shin Megami Tensei is literally True Goddess Reincarnation. (I know, I suck at making puns.) I just wanted to remind myself and the world (mostly myself, anyway) that I hadn't given up on making SMT fangame as long as I live. If anyone's interested, please let me know.

I'm currently working on the storyline, and hey, it's fun working on something I really craze. I read this TV Tropes article and decided that it's good to have a central theme in my story, so I have this: "History repeats. Humanity makes same mistakes over and over again. In order to break this chain, the history itself has to be ended. But from where?"

I'm taking some reference from I, II, Nocturne, Strange Journey, and a bit from Persona series. Since this is SMT fangame, expect immediate destruction of humanity (or at least Tokyo) within the first ten minutes. I'll be updating my story as often as I can, so if you're interested, please keep tuned.

Other than that... not so much. End transmission.


No comments:

Post a Comment