Saturday 14 June 2014

#16. Memories of LEGO Flash Games



As I revealed myself in older posts, I'm one big game maniac, with only a morsel of actual gaming experience. My childhood gaming memories are mostly some cheap Flash-based games, often played from some big official sites like Cartoon Network or LEGO. Especially LEGO. Hey, those toy-making guys know how to make some fun. And as if their actual toys weren't enough, they managed to create some of the most arse-bruising Flash games and posted on their site. Er, at least some decades ago. As far as I found now they're gone, at least from the official site.

But we all know some things are especially hard to kill in the internet, right? Double bonus if it's some well-made stuffs. Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident is 2002 Flash game and it's still alive. More than one people have good memories with the game, and hey, someone's already creating its spiritual successor. I mean, what more could I say? The world knows it's good game, its design is good, its gameplay is good, its story is good, and decided that it's too good to die in just 12 years. If only I could lay my hands on programmings I would've joined the fanmade reboot. Only I know nothing of programming, and came up with the idea of spritual successor only a few days ago. Too late, perhaps?

Mata Nui Online Game was my another favorite, and so did the sequel. I prefer the original one, mostly because of the imagery. The first-person point-and-click game was something new to me, whose country was (and still is) plagued with top-view strategy or third-person actions. I never managed to clear any of the two, but as an ex-zealot of Bionicle series I know the entire story, so never mind that. Back in high school I almost wrote a story for a game of similar concepts, but it never made it mostly because of my good ol' procrastination.

Well... that's it for now. I'll be back in few months for more random brainstorming. Anyone interested, please let me know. End transmission.


No comments:

Post a Comment