Saturday 26 August 2017

Weirdo Whoever Plays D&D: Companions


I won't explain very much, but after all these times I've been making homebrew stuffs for Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition, and I tell you, things are getting out of hands. Not that I'm doing bad at stuffs, but for the last, what, eight months? I made like dozens of homebrew materials, both finished and unfinished, and is still counting to the point that I thought, hey, maybe I really need to do something on my own.

Then I came across this awesome template that allows me to make my own Unearthed Arcana-style documents, presented by none other than Wizards of the Coast themselves. Awesome jobs, WotC. So I just finished my first document, and named it, rather poorly: Weirdo Whoever Plays D&D, or WWPD&D for short.

I started with something simple, benchmarking others' works and even some official works from previous editions. (Uncredited in the document, but great thanks to my DM from previous campaigns, who gratefully lended his Complete Arcane.) The first WWPD&D document, "Companions", is based on the Animal Companion feature from the revised ranger class.

I'll be dong this stuff from now on. For now, it's not too much, but hey, just like the not-so-good man with a big smile in his face once said, "Wait 'til the get a load of me."

The WWPD&D document "Companions" can be found here.

The entire WWPD&D documents can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment