Thursday 6 November 2014

#21. Gi Megami Tensei, Part 1: So, Where Should I Begin?



Gi Megami Tensei is on. I'm not joking.

Okay, I am tardy on Kriegspiel, and for that matter, everything else as well, but at least I'm advancing, inch by inch.

Last time I posted the SMT Fangame Idea Part 1, ATLUS was dying. Now ATLUS is back from the dead, and is energetic as ever. So much of spiritual successor since the original is still up and running, but still, I haven't given up of making a fangame. So here we go:

- There will be Tokyo. And it will be blasted within the first 10 minutes. Well, of course, this is SMT. The setting will be the post-blasted Tokyo, and the story will revolve around the survivors and demons.

- I have already come up with my version of Law Hero and Chaos Hero, who will be your temporary allies but split up as your enemies depending on your alignment. I will reveal them later on, since this will be top-class spoiler on storyline, but let me make one thing clear: I say Chaos Hero, but it's actually Chaos Heroine...

- So the central theme of Gi Megami Tensei will be, allow me quote myself... "History repeats. Humanity makes same mistakes over and over again. In order to break this chain, the history itself has to be ended. But from where?" You know, I'm a big fan of history, so I will take more than one leaf from history - to be specific, history of humanity in general, especially when two or more civilization clashed. You name it, Civil War, World War (both of them), or the Crusades...

- Since I'm learning a lot from history, expect some historical figures as demons. I am aware that this is SMT, not Fate, and still working on how not to make this whole thing just another Holy Grail War on Fuyuk... err, post-apocalyptic Tokyo.

Okay, that's it for now. Better grab some programming stuffs before I get anywhere. Too bad I'm still on my service. End transmission.


No comments:

Post a Comment